Hello there…. Merry Christmas! I thought the best Top Five list today would be a list of my top five favorite Christmas songs… Perhaps one or two are on your top five favorite list, too? Feel free to share… I’d love to hear your favorites!
1. The Christmas Song, by Nat King Cole – You have to include this one… it’s such a classic! This one always reminds me of Christmas morning when I was a kid. I’m not sure why — Mom always put the radio on Christmas morning so it wasn’t like she played it specifically, but since it’s such a classic I guess I remember hearing it every Christmas morning as a kid.
2. Santa Baby, by Kellie Pickler – This song has always been a favorite of mine as well — all versions, but I think Kellie (American Idol alum) has the perfect voice for this song. Although the version by Madonna is a good one, too (I was a child of the 80s you know!)
3. Rudolph the Red Nosed-Reinder, by Jewel – I love the harmony on this one, plus Jewel was one of my favorite singers in high school and college. I love her uniqueness (is that a real word?)
4. Silver Bells, by Bing Crosby – Another classic! It had to be included in the list.
5. Santa will find you, by Tripping Lily – This is a song is by a local group called Tripping Lily. I saw it performed at the Holiday Pops concert last year with the Cape Cod Symphony Orchestra and instantly fell in love. Now it has a little bit more meaning to me as my Mom was with me for that concert and she really liked them as well. I hope Santa found my Mom this year and brought her the gift she had wanted for the past eight years — to spend Christmas with Dad.
I hope you are surrounded by your family and friends this year and that you receive everything you want this year. Wishing you much happiness in 2013!