For the past week or so I’ve been stalking this single tulip that found its way into an ivy bush right outside our side door.
Matt says it has been there for years now, but I’ve been here with him for the past 3 years and I don’t ever remember seeing this tulip outside the door before.
And I think I would remember as tulips are my favorite!
I’m so glad that I finally took a second, though, Thursday morning to snap a quick picture of the bud. It had been there for days but was mostly green up until that morning. This was the first time it had a hint of color at all to it. And this is likely why… by the time I came home from work that afternoon, my lovely little tulip looked like this:
Isn’t it pretty? I love all the deep colors in it. It’s funny because I had to wait a few minutes to get this shot because there was a big ugly spider crawling all over it when I took this photo (he is actually inside on the lower left petal… yuck! I was going to post the photo I had taken with him on it (not realizing he was there), but then decided why in the world would you want to see that!? 😉
Anyway, I think this year spring is really my favorite season. It is usually summer, but I think because of the horrible winter we had I was just so excited for spring to arrive. Here’s a few thoughts on why I love spring:
- Bursts of bright color (fantastic inspiration for color combos on cards!)
- A fresh start (it must be something about all of nature coming back to life that makes me feel like I get a fresh start, too)
- The birds chirping each morning (Is there anything better than this?)
- The smell of the first freshly mowed lawn (LOVE that smell)
- Walks on the beach where your fingers aren’t numb and ready to fall off by the time you get home (AND you still don’t have to share the beach with tourists… yet)
- The smell of fresh, clean air wafting around the rooms of your house ( open windows, Yipee!)
- The re-introduction of flip-flops into my daily life (I’ve only broken them out once so far, but hopefully that will not be for long!)
The only real downfall of spring is the need to spring clean… and my house is in DIRE need of this… but not today! (hee hee)
May 1 also means a brand new SU mini catalog goes live on my website (and is available from me)! Be sure to check back on Monday to see a sneak peek of some new items from the new Summer Mini Catalog.
In the meantime, don’t forget to stock up on all of your favorites from the Occasions Mini Catalog that comes to a close on April 30. Some of the things I’m going to miss from that catalog include the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack, the Well Scripted stamp set, the With All My Heart stamp set and the Sending Love epoxy brads. Be sure to get your favorites before April 30.
Also if you are a fan of the new sneak peek stamp set from the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog called Awash with Flowers, be sure to order that before April 30, too. Otherwise, it will be gone until July 1. (It is available in clear # 120549, $27.95 and wood-mount # 117062, $39.95). Here are a few cards I made recently using the new Awash With Flowers set:
Thanks for stopping by… and happy spring!